The goal of AAU Judo is to create a venue for competition that is fun and enjoyable for all athletes and non-athletes alike. Enhancing the complete athletic experience through organized competitions, rather than politics, will always be the primary objective.
Some highlights of the AAU Judo guidelines are as follows:
· No belt rank promotions
· Weight disparities in any division should be as close to 10% whenever possible
· Chokes ages are 11 and over; Arm bars ages are 15 and over
· Weight in pounds, not kilograms
Youth divisions (ages 20 and under) should use a combination of age and weight factors along with AAU 10 PERCENT RULE to insure the most equitable possible
pairing. Discretion and vigilance advised.
Official AAU National Championship—Adult Divisions
< 130 lb.
< 145 lb.
< 160 lb.
< 175 lb.
< 190 lb.
< 210 lb.
> 235 lb.
< 235 lb.
For more information on all events please visit:
· Nationally recognized non-profit organization.
· Insurance, including general liability and participant accident, is included as a benefit of membership.
· Low membership fees.
· Low tournament fees.
· Freedom and Flexibly in conducting programs and hosting events.
· Multi-sport membership card allows participants to compete in any sport.
· National Championship event programming.
· Non-exclusive organization. Anyone can join.
· Easy online registration for membership, insurance certificates, license applications and events.
· Multi-year membership available – join for 1, 2 or 3 years.
· Level 3 Club Membership offering eligibility for tax-exempt status and to accept tax-exempt donations.
Number of views (6617) Comments (0)
2019 AAU District